Founder Louis-Ulysse Chopard set up a successful manufacture for pocket watches and chronometers in Sonvilier in 1860. Bought by Karl Scheufele in 1963, Chopard switched production to jewellery watches hitting a high note with the 1976 Happy Diamonds watch for men. The men’s watch division is overseen today by son and co-president Karl-Friedrich Scheufele. Inaugurated in 1996, the vertically-integrated Chopard Manufacture in Fleurier is where the top-of-the-line L.U.C watches are crafted and meticulously hand finished. In the nearby production site – Fleurier Ebauches – movements for collections like Mille Miglia and Grand Prix de Monaco Historique are produced, along with women’s watches. With a commitment to use ethical (fairmined) gold in its entire supply chain, Chopard spearheads the movement towards sustainable luxury.