Watch the GPHG 2018 Live Tonight on MONOCHROME
The Oscars of the watchmaking industry 2018, brought to you live from Geneva.
Tonight, as every year, is the celebration of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (or GPHG 2018) – the Oscars of the watchmaking industry. Several categories are represented (ladies, men, complicated and even affordable) and the best watches of the year will be awarded the coveted Golden Hand prize – and of course, the prize we’re all waiting for, the “Aiguille d’Or” or the best of show, celebrating the best watch introduced in 2018. As MONOCHROME is one of the official press partners of the show, we’ll be broadcasting the event live, as of 06:30 pm (Europe Time) tonight. Stay tuned on MONOCHROME!
As a reminder, here’s the complete list of the GPHG 2018 finalists.
Women’s watches comprising the following indications only: hours, minutes, seconds, date, power reserve, classic moon phase; may be adorned with a maximum of 8-carats’ worth of gemstones.
- Bovet 1822 Amadéo Fleurier 39 Fan
- Bvlgari Lvcea Tubogas Skeleton
- Chanel Boy-Friend Skeleton
- Chaumet Laurier
- Moritz Grossmann Tefnut Twist Classic
- Piaget Possession Lapis Lazuli
Women’s watches that are remarkable in terms of their mechanical creativity and complexity, featuring all kinds of horological complications and classic and/or innovative indications (e.g. annual calendar, perpetual calendar, equation of time, moon phase, digital or retrograde time display, world time, dual time or other types of models) and do not fit the definition of the Ladies’ and Mechanical Exception categories.
- Beauregard Dahlia C1
- Bvlgari Diva Finissima Minute Repeater
- Chaumet Espiègleries
- Ludovic Ballouard Pink Hours
- Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa Tourbillon Galaxy
- Van Cleef & Arpels Lady Arpels Planétarium
Men’s watches comprising the following indications only: hours, minutes, seconds, date, power reserve, classic moon phase; may be adorned with 5-carats’ worth of gemstones.
- Akrivia Chronomètre Contemporain
- De Bethune DB28 Steel Wheels
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Flying Hours
- MB&F Legacy Machine Split Escapement
- Vacheron Constantin Triple Calendrier 1942
- Voutilainen 217QRS
Men’s watches that are remarkable in terms of their mechanical creativity and complexity, featuring all kinds of horological complications and classic and/or innovative indications (e.g. annual calendar, perpetual calendar, equation of time, moon phase, digital or retrograde time display, world time, dual time or other types of models) and do not fit the definition of the Men’s and Mechanical Exception categories.
- Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Automatic
- Girard-Perregaux Neo Tourbillon With Three Bridges Skeleton
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Vantablack
- Krayon Everywhere Horizon
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Annual Calendar School Piece
- Vacheron Constantin Perpetual Calendar Ultra-thin
Mechanical watches comprising at least one chronograph indication. Additional indications and/or complications are admissible.
- Czapek L’Heure Bleue
- Girard-Perregaux Laureato Chronograph
- Montblanc 1858 Monopusher Chronograph Limited Edition 100
- Singer Reimagined Singer Track1 Hong Kong Edition
- TAG Heuer Monaco Bamford
- Zenith Defy El Primero 21
Mechanical watches comprising at least one tourbillon and/or a special escapement and/or another development improving chronometry (precision timekeeping). Additional indications and/or complications are admissible.
- David Candaux Half Hunter
- De Bethune DB25 Starry Varius Tourbillon
- Montblanc Star Legacy Suspended Exo Tourbillon Limited Edition 58
- TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère Chronometer
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Tourbillon Free Wheel
- Zenith Defy Zero G
Men’s and/or ladies’ watches featuring a special mechanism, such as an innovative or sophisticated display, an automaton, a striking or any other acoustic function, a belt-driven movement or any other original and/or exceptional horological concept.
- Andersen Genève & Konstantin Chaykin Automaton Joker
- Bovet 1822 Récital 22 Grand Récital
- Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Minute Repeater Carbon
- Girard-Perregaux Minute Repeater Tri-Axial Tourbillon
- Greubel Forsey Grande Sonnerie
- Ulysse Nardin Freak Vision
Watches linked to the field of sports, whose functions, materials and design are suited to physical activities. Smartwatches are admissible in this category.
- Fabergé Visionnaire Chronograph Dynamique
- Montblanc 1858 Pocket Watch Limited Edition 100
- Seiko Prospex 1968 Diver’s Re-creation
- TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf
- Ulysse Nardin Diver
- Zenith Pilot Cronometro Tipo CP-2 Flyback
Watches demonstrating exceptional mastery of the art of jewellery and gemsetting, and also distinguished by the choice of stones.
- Antoine Preziuso Trillion Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- Bvlgari Serpenti High Jewellery
- Chanel Bouton de Camélia
- de Grisogono Cascata
- Piaget High Jewellery Cuff Watch Dentelle d’Or
- Van Cleef & Arpels Secret de Coccinelle
Watches demonstrating exceptional mastery of one or several artistic techniques such as enamelling, lacquering, engraving, guilloché (engine-turning), skeleton-working, etc.
- Chaumet Ecritures de Chaumet – Limited edition inspired by Renoir’s work
- Fabergé Clover
- Hermès Arceau Robe du Soir
- Piaget Altiplano Tourbillon Malachite
- Vacheron Constantin Les Aérostiers – Paris 1783
- Van’t Hoff Ballet in Blue
Watches with a retail price between CHF 4,000 and CHF 10,000. Smartwatches are admissible in this category.
- Habring² Doppel-Felix
- Konstantin Chaykin Clown
- Longines Record
- Ming 19,01
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur
- Vicenterra Tycho Brahe “série” T2 Anthra
A new category this year. Watches with a retail price under CHF 4,000. Smartwatches are admissible in this category.
- Gorilla Watches Fastback Drift
- Longines Conquest V.H.P. GMT flash setting
- Nomos Glashütte Tangente Neomatik 41 Update
- Reservoir Longbridge British Racing
- Seiko Presage Shippo Enamel
- Tudor Black Bay GMT
The best watch presented in one of the twelve categories, which features a contemporary re-edition or reinterpretation of an iconic historical model.