Written by Aaron Sigmond and Mark Bernardo, with a foreword by New York Times’ Clive Cussler, SEA TIME: Watches Inspired by Sailing, Yachting, and Diving explores the ties between the nautical and watchmaking world from marine chronometers, regatta chronographs to popular dive watches.
This lavishly illustrated coffee-table book SEA TIME looks at over 100 modern and vintage nautical-inspired mechanical watches with details about their history, inspiration and technical specifications. Chapters include “The Icons”, presenting some of the most legendary dive watches, “Dive watches” or “Sailing and Regatta watches”. The list of portraits presents watches such as the Rolex Submariner, Omega Seamaster, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, Panerai Luminor, Doxa Sub 300… and many more! In short, all you need to know about watches inspired by the deep blue yonder.
Published by Rizzoli, Sea Time is part of a watch book trilogy, together with Drive Time: Watches inspired by Automobiles, Motorcycles and Racing and the forthcoming Airtime.
As Father’s Day is approaching, if your dad (or yourself) is into watches and diving or nautical activities, SEA TIME will make a perfect gift.
SEA TIME: Watches Inspired by Sailing, Yachting, and Diving
- By Aaron Sigmond and Mark Bernardo
- Foreword by Clive Cussler and essays by James Lamdin, Xavier Markl, and Jacob Sotak, with an Afterword by Blake Buettner; and Principal photography by Peter Eaton Gurnz
- Hardcover 10” x 12.5” / 240 pages / 150 color and B&W photographs
- Price: USD 85.00
- ISBN: 978-0-8478-6316-7 / Rizzoli New York / Release date: June 2019
- © SEA TIME: Watches Inspired by Sailing, Yachting, and Diving by Aaron Sigmond and Mark Bernardo, Rizzoli New York, 2019.