The Online Bespoke Experience – The Armin Strom Watch Configurator (Explained In Video)
While it is now common in the automotive industry to customize your future car, choosing colors and options, and to do it in front of a screen, by using an online configurator, the high-end watches buying experience remains relatively austere. You look at display windows, you enter a cosy boutique and you choose among the available watches. A very 1990s experience, you’ll admit. However, consumer behaviors are drastically evolving, and the future will be ruled two concepts: online and customization… And this is exactly what you’ll get with the new Armin Strom Watch Configurator, a unique and innovative way to create your own, tailor-made, high-end watch.
As you can see in the video above, perfectly described by Serge Michel, owner of the brand, and Claude Geisler, Director, Armin Strom invests in the future and capitalizes on the evolution of consumer behaviors: more customization, in order to answer to all possible wishes, in order to create watches that are closer to the client’s expectations, in order to make possible, easily, the concept of the unique watch. Acceding to luxury has become easier than ever before, yet in the world of high-end watches, tailoring is an exception – and one that will probably cost you a lot.
This is the raison d’être of the Armin Strom Watch Configurator. Imagine your watch, create it on the online configurator, order it… And be sure to have the timepiece that really expresses who you are. You become the designer of your own watch. Isn’t it what we all dreamed about?… The best is that watches purchased through the Watch Configurator system are no more expensive than serial models made by Armin Strom.
What are actually the possibilities of the Armin Strom Watch Configurator
- A choice of 6 different watches, covering all the Armin Strom collection: The Edge Double Barrel – The Gravity – The Gravity Date – The Manual – The Skeleton Pure – The Skeleton Tourbillon
- Once you have selected a watch, several options are offered (depending on the watch selected of course)
- Case shape – Several options are possible, including the standard 43mm case, a more rounded case, and the case of the Edge (with brushed and notched bezel)
- Case material – options include stainless steel, stainless steel with black pad horns, titanium, black PVD stainless steel, Rose gold, Rose gold with Black PVD horns, White gold
- Dial – the hour ring can be customized, with a choice of color or material (plain or sapphire), the choice of indexes, the color of the log
- Hands – hands can be selected rhodium plated or rose gold plated
- Movement’s main-plate – you can choose the coating of the main plate (rhodium, ruthenium, black, blue, violet, brown, light blue)
- Bridges – one skeletonized watches, the bridges on the dial side can also be selected in several colors (rhodium, ruthenium, black, blue, violet, brown, light blue)
- Shape of the wheels – 6 rounded spokes or 5 double “rim-like” spokes
- Color of the gear-train and barrel – you can choose the coating on the barrel and the gear train (rhodium, yellow gold, rose gold)
- Initials – as always with Armin Strom Watches, you can have your initials engraved on the “lip” at 6
- Strap color
- Strap stitchings
Thus, it means that you can actually tailor the look of your watch, but not only, as the movement parts are also customizable – and that is something really new, at least on such a large scale and with an online configurator. How is that possible? Well, as Armin Strom is an entirely integrated manufacture (see our in-depth movie here), they can manage to create their own parts, to finish them in all possible ways or to have several coating / plating colors, making possible so many options for the end consumer to choose from.
For those who need to touch and feel the watches (which makes sense in such a price range), this online configurator will also be installed at retailers. Thus, you’ll be able to experience with sample watches and then create your own one, with the Armin Strom Watch Configurator and the help of boutique employees. It represents a huge step in the future and we believe this will be the norm in the coming years. Yet, we will remember that the pioneers were Armin Strom.
The Configurator will be online at www.arminstrom.com.