With the SIHH 2019 just around the corner, we thought it was the perfect moment to look back at what the 2018 edition of the Geneva Watch Fair, a.k.a Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) had to show… And it had a lot to show. Technical, beautiful, innovative, ultra-complicated or simply well-thought everyday pieces. There was a lot and, in that perspective, SIHH 2018 didn’t disappoint. So before we find out what 2019 has in store for us, let’s take a look back at the previous edition of the fair.
In the video above, MONOCHROME team members Frank Geelen, Brice Goulard and Xavier Markl discuss the best watches of the SIHH 2018. Here are our best watches of the show, with the most impressive novelties presented at the SIHH 2018, including:
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox – the vintage-inspired alarm watch of JLC’s brand new collection. Cool and well executed
- Cartier Drive Extra-Flat – now available in yellow gold and in steel, for a very attractive price and still a great design
- Laurent Ferrier Montre Ecole Annual Calendar – with a brand new movement, a stunning pale yellow gold case and an overall superb design
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202IP – the icon now with a titanium case, a platinum bezel and a brand new smoked blue dial
- Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic – with a 5-day manufacture COSC-certified movement, a nice everyday watch with a reasonable price of EUR 2,450
- Montblanc 1858 Monopusher Chronograph – a vintage-inspired military chronograph with a superb Minerva calibre, gradient green dial and steel case
- IWC Tribute to Pallweber – with an unprecedented jumping hours and minutes display, new movement and clean design for the 150th anniversary of IWC
- Ressence Type 2 e-Crown – a mechanical watch with an electronically controlled crown to adjust and set the time
- A. Lange & Söhne Triple Split – the über-chronograph with a triple rattrapante function and a stunning movement
- Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept – At 2mm thick, the thinnest mechanical watch ever created. Congrats to Piaget for this incredible achievement!
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 ‘Homage to Walter Lange’ Unique Piece in Steel – a watch that will be auctioned by Phillips Watches, with proceeds to be given to a charity, paying tribute to Walter Lange, one of the most appreciated men of the watch industry