Oris Hammerhead limited edition – As sharks are facing extinction, Oris unveils its robust dive watch, the Aquis, in a limited edition to help raise funds for a shark conservation project run by the NGO Pelagios Kakunjá, and supported by Oris ambassador and professional diver Jérôme Delafosse. Specific Grey dial, Day-Date display, combined with the new Aquis style.
Oris just announced a revamped Aquis collection this year (read our article about the new take on the design of this sturdy dive watch here). Today, the brand is announcing a “Hammerhead” Limited Edition that will be available in June 2017. Based on this new, visually lighter generation of Aquis, the Hammerhead is built around the Oris caliber 791 with automatic winding (Sellita SW 220-1) featuring an enlarged day date indication.
The 45.5mm steel case is in stainless steel with a hammerhead shark engraving on its screwed case back. It features screw-in crown and crown protection and it is water resistant to 500m. The unidirectional rotating bezel has a black ceramic inlay.
The grey dial has applied hour markers filled with luminescent material. The polished nickel hour and minute hands and the blue central seconds hand are enhanced with luminescent inserts. The 2,000 pieces Orils Hammerhead limited edition comes on a black rubber strap or on a bracelet. It is delivered in a special presentation box with a hammerhead shark insigna.
Technical specifications – Oris Hammerhead Limited edition
- Case: 45.5 mm – stainless steel with unidirectional rotating bezel with ceramic inlay – domed sapphire crystal with antireflective coating – sapphire case back – water resistant to 500m
- Movement: Calibre Oris 752 (based on Sellita SW 220-1) – mechanical with automatic winding – 38h power reserve – 28,800 vibrations/h – 26 jewels – hours, minutes, seconds, day, date.
- Strap: black rubber strap with safety and quick-adjust folding clasp. Also available with a stainless steel bracelet
- Reference : 01 752 7733 4183 MB
- Retail price : 2,550 CHF on Steel / 2,350 CHF on Rubber
- Limited edition to 2’000 pieces