A. lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual in white gold and black dial (live photos, specs & price)
White gold and black dial: a classical combination of the watch industry, even for A. Lange & Söhne. It reminds you, without a doubt, about the magnificent Datograph Up/Down we reviewed a few weeks ago (and, to be true, that we really enjoyed). Now, the white gold – black dial combo is also available in the A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual, the perpetual calendar watch with automatic movement of the Saxonian Manufacture.
The A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual comes with ALS classical design, meaning a pure and refined round case polished on the top, brushed on the sides, with masculine and straight lugs. The Langematik Perpetual can easily be considered a dress-watch, with its reasonable 38.5mm x 10.2mm case, that now comes in white gold. Previously, the A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual was available in 18k pink gold and in solid platinum, both with a silver opaline dial.
The dial, a solid-silver plate, is quite specific on the Langematik Perpetual baucause of its indexes, showing applied Roman Numerals. A. Lange & Söhne chose not to use them at 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9. Because of the sub-dials, it would have created partially cut indexes. The dial is showing several but practical indications, located in 4 sub-dials and an aperture:
- The A. Lange & Söhne large date (with two separated discs) at 12
- The day of the week and the day-night indicator at 9
- The month at 3
- The leap year in a small silver dial at 3, just under the days
- The Moon phase and the small seconds at 6
All these indications can be adjusted by 4 recessed pushers in the case band (one main push piece for simultaneously advancing all calendar displays and 3 recessed corrector buttons for individually advancing the day, the month, and the moon phase). However, if the Langematik Perpetual keeps running, it will need only one correction every 100 years for the perpetual calendar and one correction every 122.6 years for the moon phase. And that is all due to the very nicely manufactured and complicated movement.
The A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual comes with a self-winding movement, build around a three-quarter rotor architecture, that preserves the ¾ bridge style, dear to the german brand. As usual with A. Lange & Söhne, it fits perfectly the case and comes with beautifully executed finishes (and as always, it’s assembled twice – the reason why is explained in our review of the Datograph Up/Down). Alongside being a feast for the eyes, the Sax-0-Mat is also a technically advanced calibre. It features a subsidiary seconds with stop seconds and patented ZERO-RESET function (meaning that the seconds hands goes back to the zero position when pulling the crown), an integrated three-quarter rotor in 21-carat gold and centrifugal mass in platinum for a more efficient winding and 46 hours of power reserve. Of course, it is adjusted in 5 positions and comes with a balance cock engraved by hand and bridges and plates in untreated german silver.
On the wrist, it is another gorgeous and complicated watch that fits perfectly an elegant man’s writs. The new black dial / white gold combination is certainly a bit more easy to wear with a casual outfit and then, a bit less rigid than a pink gold / silver dial edition.
The A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual in white gold with black dial will be delivered on a black crocodile strap and priced at 68.000Eur. It is now part of the regular collection and will be unveiled first in the newly opened A. Lange & Söhne boutique in Moscow.
More infos on A. Lange & Söhne offcial website.
- Movement: Lange manufacture calibre L922.1 SAX-0-MAT, self-winding, crafted to the most exacting Lange quality standards, decorat- ed and assembled by hand; precision-adjusted in five posi- tions; three-quarter plate made of untreated German silver with integrated three-quarter rotor in 21-carat gold and centrifugal mass in platinum, reversing and reduction gear with four ball bearings; balance cock engraved by hand. Shock-resistant screw balance, Nivarox® balance spring*, fre- quency of 21,600 semi-oscillations per hour, whiplash precision index adjuster with patented beat-adjustment mechanism. 46 hours of power reserve. 478 parts.
- Functions: Time display with hours and minutes, subsidiary seconds with stop seconds and patented ZERO-RESET function; perpetual calendar with date, day of the week, month, moon phase and leap year; day/night indicator.
- Adjustments: Crown for winding the watch and setting the time; a recessed main push piece for simultaneously advancing all calendar dis- plays; recessed corrector buttons for individually advancing the day, the month, and the moon phase
- Case: 18k white gold, Diameter: 38.5 millimeters; height: 10.2 millimeters.
- Dial: Solid silver. Black. Rhodiumed gold, luminous hands and indexes
- Strap: Hand-stitched crocodile strap, black