The next limited edition to celebrate the 10th anniversary of The PuristS comes from Peter Speake-Marin. His Vegas Ten is based on Speake-Marin’s in-house manual winding movement and features an offset jumping hours with jump indication.
The Vegas Ten comes in a polished titanium case, measuring 42 mm in diameter and 14 mm thick, and has red gold lugs and crown. The red gold matches nicely with the color of the seconds wheel, date window, jump hour gear and logo plate. And… it’s limited to ten pieces.
The offset jumping hours with jump indication could well be a world first, in offering this feature. The jump indicator at 3 o’clock informs the wearer if the hour has jumped or not, so as to minimise any confusion when the minute hand is near 12 o’clock position.
The jumping hour is displayed in its own open sub dial at 12 o’clock, with its mechanism on full display. The minutes hand is positioned centrally, the second wheel (indeed a wheel and not a seconds hand) is positioned at the 9 o’clock position and date between 2 and 3 o’clock.
The manual winding in-house movement is the same base movement as used in the MARIN2 Thalassa. It is finished to the highest standards, exactly what we can expect from Peter Speake-Marin. Much of the jumping hour mechanism clearly visible through the open dial. Turning the watch over reveals intricately hand engraved German silver bridges through the display back.
The stars and dots of the hour and minute markers are laser cut and filled with Super-LumiNova enabling flush dials and a slimmer case. The Vegas Ten is a limited edition of 10 pieces. Delivery is anticipated early 2012.
The Vegas Ten is a limited edition of 10 pieces in titanium with red gold lugs
- Functions : Jumping hours, central minutes, seconds (wheel) and date
- Case : Polished titanium (42mm X 14mm) with red gold lugs and crown
- Dial : Outer minute dial with three dimensional Super-LumiNova markers, hour dial laser-pieced hardened steel with hand- filled Super- LumiNova hour and minute markers
- Calibre SM3V manual winding
- Frequency : 21600 v/h (3Hz)
- Power reserve : 80 hours
- Number of jewels : 23
- Chronometer balance : Masslots; Breguet over-coil; 0118gr inertia 25mg.cm2
- Bridges/main plate : German silver